We provide youth, parents, educators, policymakers and organizations with the vision, tools and research they need to develop self-respect and spread respect.
- NEW: The Respect Institute
- Respect Rx
- Get the best-selling book that started it all: RESPECT
- Book a Respect Rally
- The Respect Basics
- Outcomes + Testimonials
- The Respect Institute
- D.C. Dispatch: Domestic Violence Awareness Month & VAWA
- Respect Rally
- Oprah's Most Important Show: Male Survivors of Abuse
- Twitter: Follow Us!
- Bullycide Prevention: 3 Steps for Parents
- The Respect Basics
- Your Rights
- for GIRLS
- for WOMEN
- for girl and women ADVOCATES
- Got a Dilemma? Get ADVICE
- Abuse + Harm + Violence (15)
- Advocates (54)
- Authors (1)
- Body Image + Health (26)
- Boundaries (6)
- Bullying + Sexual Harassment (6)
- Courtney's Blog (6)
- Equal Rights (3)
- Family (9)
- Featured (2)
- Follow Your Passions (1)
- Friends + Sisterhood (13)
- Girl Stats + Studies (1)
- Girls (40)
- Help! (12)
- Journaling (4)
- Kit (3)
- Media (14)
- Parents (15)
- Partners (4)
- Programs (21)
- Quiz (4)
- Relationships (9)
- Respect Makeover (5)
- Respect Role Models (5)
- Respect Rx Groups (2)
- School (9)
- Self-Defense (2)
- Self-Respect + Self-Esteem (20)
- Sex (15)
- Social Change + Activism (24)
- Special Events (17)
- Teachers (5)
- The Respect Institute (1)
- Women (16)
- Tao of the Defiant Woman by CJ Golden
- Girls Inc. Presents: You're Amazing!: A No-Pressure Guide to Being Your Best Self by Claire Mysko
- All Made Up: A Girl's Guide to Seeing Through Celebrity Hype and Celebrating Real Beauty by Audrey D. Brashich
- Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters: The Frightening New Normalcy of Hating Your Body by Courtney E. Martin
- Women Warriors by Teena Apeles
- Packaging Girlhood by Sharon Lamb & Lyn Mikel Brown
- The Price of Privilege by Dr. Madeline Levine
- Do I Look Fat In This? and A Very Hungry Girl by Jessica Weiner
- The Real Truth About Teens and Sex by Sabrina Weill
- The Body Project by Joan Jacobs Brumberg
- 101 Ways to Help Your Daughter Love Her Body by Brenda Lane
- Dads and Daughters by Joe Kelly
- Branded: The Buying and Selling of Teenagers by Alissa Quart
- GLBTQ: The Survival Guide for Queer and Questioning Teens by Kelly Huegel
- Deal With It! by Esther Drill, et al.
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf
- Don't Give It Away! by Iyanla Vanzant
- 33 Things Every Girl Should Know About Women's History edited by Tonya Bolden
- Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou
- Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Too Good? by Miriam Adderholdt & Jan Goldberg
- Reviving Ophelia by Mary Pipher
- Revolution from Within by Gloria Steinem
- Schoolgirls by Peggy Orenstein
- Odd Girl Speaks Out by Rachel Simmons
- Grassroots: A Field Guide for Feminist Activism by Jennifer Baumgardner & Amy Richards
- To Be Real: Telling the Truth and Changing the Face of Feminism edited by Rebecca Walker
- What Are My Rights? by Thomas A. Jacobs
- When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teens by Bev Cobain
- Adios, Barbie by Ophira Edut
- 101 Ways to Help Your Daughter Love Her Body by Brenda Lane Richardson & Elane Rehr
- Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman
- The Teenage Liberation Handbook by Grace Llewellyn
- Be True to Yourself: A Daily Guide for Teenage Girls by Amanda Ford & Shannon Berning
- Blue Jean: What Young Women Are Thinking, Saying, and Doing by Sherry S. Handel
- Life Lists for Teens by Pamela Espeland
- Meeting at the Crossroads by Carol Gilligan & Lyn Mikel Brown
- Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Too Good? by Miriam, Ph.D. Elliott, et al.
- Real Girl Real World: Tools for Finding Your True Self by Heather M. Gray, et al.
Mother-Daughter RESPECT Workshop: Oct. 25, Washington D.C.
Teasing • Bullying • Body Image • Peer Pressure • Toxic Media • Cyberbullying • Friend and Family Issues • Global Disrespect of Girls.
RESPECT is the Remedy!
Our Mother-Daughter Workshop empowers middle school girls and their moms to boost self-respect, create healthy relationships, end cycles of disrespect and spread respect for all through The Respect Basics.
The program is led by Courtney Macavinta, author of the best-selling book, RESPECT, which has been featured by CNN, National Public Radio, USA Today, Teen Vogue and others.
Monday October 25, 2010
3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Four Seasons Hotel Washington D.C.
2800 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, D.C.
light refreshments will be served
Registration Fee: $100 per pair
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org • (415) 315-9707
check to Respect Rx on site or send CC payment to email@example.com via Paypal